Oxford House is looking for Team Captains to join our ride on September 30th!
Last year we raised over $13,000 for Oxford House in the Ride for Refuge Campaign. But we didn’t do it alone, we did it with help from good folks like you!
I’ve signed up as a Team Captain again this year because I want to help Oxford House residents take their lives back by maintaining their sobriety and becoming self-sufficient.
Would you like to strap on a helmet and be a Team Captain for Oxford House?
Team Captains play a vital role in the RIDE. Whether you are already signed up or considering taking the plunge, here are some tips and tools to help you in your role.
- Register online here, create and name your team.
- Recruit other team members with a goal of getting 7-8 or more riders or walkers to register, fundraise and participate with you. Note: there are no minimum team sizes but, you know – what’s a team if not more than one, right?
- Raise money yourself and make it clear to your team members that you expect them to raise money too.
- Rally your team throughout the campaign to keep recruiting and fundraising, and keep them together and organized – especially on event day.
- Remember to (a) have fun (b) don’t take yourself too seriously, but (c) lead intentionally, (d) be their biggest cheer leader, and (e) follow-up after the event with thank you’s and getting all the pledges you raised collected.
We hope you’ll join up as a team captain and help us raise enough to support 10 or more residents for an entire year!
Thank you for considering our request to become a Team Captain. Click on the link below to register and/or contact me at email@example.com or (403) 214-2046 if you have any questions about the ride or being a team captain.
Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon!
Diana Schwenk, Development Coordinator and Event Lead